Before writing my second book Work Stronger, I worked as an executive recruiter at Heidrick & Struggles, one of the world’s premier executive search and leadership consulting firms. In that role, I interviewed and assessed hundreds of executives for key leadership roles and helped complete senior-level searches for top employers, such as EY, MIT, and American Airlines. Prior to working at H&S, I wrote a career development book for students and recent grads titled I Got My Dream Job and So Can You. Listed below are links to some of my best articles on networking and job search.
P.S. If you would like my one-on-one advice with your career, you can click here for a private and confidential consultation.
- The Best Way to Stand Out In A Stack of Resumes
- Why Networking Leads to Easier Interviews
- The 5 Biggest Myths About Networking
- Why It’s NOT All About Who You Know
- 3 Tips to Landing a Job in Sports Sales
- Please Change Your LinkedIn Headline Now. Here’s Why and How
- Why Employers Respect Candidates Who Negotiate
- What Drew Brees Can Teach You About Salary Negotiation
- How NOT to Introduce Yourself (Part 1 of 3)
- How NOT to Introduce Yourself (Part 2 of 3)
- How NOT to Introduce Yourself (Part 3 of 3)